quarta-feira, 4 de novembro de 2009

Hand In My Pocket , Alanis em 1995

.


.
I'm broke but I'm happy
I'm poor but I'm kind
I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
I'm high but I'm grounded
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost but I'm hopeful baby

What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be fine fine fine
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five

I feel drunk but I'm sober
I'm young and I'm underpaid
I'm tired but I'm working, yeah
I care but I'm worthless
I'm here but I'm really gone
I'm wrong and I'm sorry baby

What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be quite alright
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is flicking a cigarette

What it all comes down to
Is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving the peace sign

I'm free but I'm focused
I'm green but I'm wise
I'm shy but I'm friendly baby
I'm sad but I'm laughing
I'm brave but I'm chicken shit
I'm sick but I'm pretty baby

And what it all boils down to
Is that no one's really got it figured out just yet
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is playing the piano

What it all comes down to my friends
Is that everything's just fine fine fine
I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is hailing a taxicab...

Alanis Morissette - Hand In My Pocket em 1995

6 comentários:

Almofariza disse...

You are UNIQUE!!!!
Beijo grande e uma boa noite :)
Espero que recebes a "tal" prenda ;)

Lia disse...

adoro esta musica, mesmo!

Paula disse...

gosto desta mulher e principalmente das suas letras...

A Princesa disse...

Keep The Radio On...

Bjo

Vício disse...

bom gosto mas prefiro esta

An old man turned ninety-eight
He won the lottery and died the next day
It's a black fly in your Chardonnay
It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
Isn't it ironic ... don't you think
Chorus

It's like rain on your wedding day
It's a free ride when you've already paid
It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought ... it figures

Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly
He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye
He waited his whole damn life to take that flight
And as the plane crashed down he thought
'Well isn't this nice...'
And isn't it ironic ... don't you think
Repeat Chorus


Well life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
When you think everything's okay and everything's going right
And life has a funny way of helping you out when
You think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up
In your face

It's a traffic jam when you're already late
It's a no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
It's meeting the man of my dreams
And then meeting his beautiful wife
And isn't it ironic... don't you think
A little too ironic... and yeah I really do think...
Repeat Chorus


Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you
Life has a funny, funny way of helping you out
Helping you out

Paulo Lontro disse...

Almofariza,

:)
Devolvo-te o beijo, depois de devidamente usufruido... !!!
;)


Lia,

Eu também Lia, e dela, há muitas mais... a que mais gosto é a que postei no dia 15 de Outubro!


Paula,

Escreve muito bem, mas tem uma voz munumental.


A Princesa,

Ficará, acredita!
:)


Vício,

Opá, a letra é notável, é um facto, mas como canção não é das que mais gosto...
:)